Tuesday, November 22, 2022

GIVING THANKS TIME

 

’Tis the week to give thanks.

 

Thanks for the people in our lives who are there.

Thanks for all they are, and for them choosing to be present.

Thanks for the ones gone, who left blessings.

 

Thanks for all the things we still have.

Thanks for all the things that aren’t broken.

Thanks for the things these things do for us.

 

Thanks for felines and canines who share our lives.

Thanks for their giving their trust and endless love.

Thanks for being the beauties they are.

 

And most of all, I thank the spirit that blew air into everything.

For returning my soul to me this day--


6 comments:

Vijaya said...

"And most of all, I thank the spirit that blew air into everything,

For returning my soul to me this day."

Lovely! Happy Thanksgiving!

Janie Junebug said...

What a lovely post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Janie

Tina Cho said...

Beautiful prayer!
Happy Thanksgiving, Mirka. I'm so thankful for you & our P&B group.

Evelyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, dear Mirka! I'm grateful for your friendship.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Lovely post. I especially liked the last two lines as well, but all are worth being thankfull for.

MirkaK said...

No matter how bad things get, there's always something to be grateful for. Lovely thanks in your post.