😉PERHAPS THAT’S THE WAY EVERYTHING WORKS😜
Another in the vein of “fake it till you make it.” Yup.
But here’s the kicker—
It actually works.
I don’t know about other “fake it” situations but pretending
to fall asleep works almost every time.
Ditto for pretending to be happier than you are. It worked
for me countless times. It didn’t result in delirious joy, just a notable
improvement on the scale of being okay.
The “fake it” as it relates to “make it” is often urged when
it comes to dealing with the material world and professional success. I am not
one of the crowned uber super-duper people, so I wouldn’t know.
But this I do know: Applying the “pretend” to dealing with
self alone, as in “between me and myself,” is effective. It’s good advice and
deserves at least a try.
Try telling yourself you are this or that something, and you
will be a bit more of this and that. Be careful with self-admonition, because
it works in the reverse also. So, if falling asleep feels elusive and you tell
yourself you are never going to, guess what. 😶
🥱 SWEET DREAMS😴

6 comments:
Oh yes, the stories we tell ourselves matter. I have a list of affirmations--a lot of them are Biblical--to remember Whose I am, what I can do through Christ who strengthens me, and His promises.
We are so driven by our feelings. It's a major advancement in life to realize we are so much more in control of them than we (want to) believe.
It is definitely important to edit out the negative talk and "fake" whatever you can that's positive to create change in one's life.
I believe in faking it. I fake expertise in all sorts of subjects.
Love,
Janie
Doing affirmations every day (using present tense, not future) was part of the plan that helped me to lose weight.
What a great idea for when I can’t fall asleep. I must try to remember that!
Post a Comment