Tuesday, December 26, 2023

AFTER CHRISTMAS and BEFORE NEW YEAR'S

Harking back to days when I gifted and was gifted holiday gifts, (now a minor part of my holiday season) I remember the day after Christmas as the day the stores were crowded with folks returning gifts.

 

It’s a strange phenomenon, this “thanks for the thought but I’d rather have something else” that sweeps the land.

 

But it is what it is. Just try to remember that the thought that went into choosing something for you is the sweet part, not the actual “something.”

 

And let’s have fun before we take a collective breath and exhale a solemn wish for a better and more peaceful year to come.


5 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

The greatest gift would be peace.

Love,
Janie

Mirka Breen said...

Amen.

Lorraine said...

Since I spend so much of my energy trying to get rid of possessions, I sort of panic when someone gives me a gift that's not something I can use up like food or a candle. I only got one gift this year. It's from a friend and it's not really something I want to put on display, so that makes for a weird problem indeed. I agree with Janie, the best gift would be peace, of every conceivable kind, large or small, from peace of mind to world peace.

Vijaya said...

lol Mirka. We always take a trip to Goodwill at the beginning of the year, because there are lovely things to be found there!

The greatest gift is Christ Himself--and I'm so grateful. Michael and I were pondering the mystery of why He would come seek us out, while we were still in sin. His Love is unfathomable.
Christmas blessings to you!!!

Evelyn said...

My 9-year-old granddaughter sent me pierced earrings for Christmas. I don't have pierced ears. The thought that went into the gift is definitely the sweet part.