Tuesday, June 14, 2022

What JUNE-Oh, It’s June!

 

In my yearly cycles, June is the epitome of loveliness and also loneliness. The latter, because there is nothing specific assigned to it.


June is not exactly summer, though it is.


It’s not (yet) my yearly first-drafting hiatus, but it isn’t a vacation from writing.


It’s hot, but not. Not really.


What June is: wrap-up time.


In June, I revise winter’s manuscripts. I summarize last winter’s productivity. Then, I make plans for the re-boot in Fall.


In June, the yearly mega-weeding project is complete. I sit in the backyard and marvel at how much work May was.


Pat-on-the-back, Girl.


June is like a lovely balloon that floats, but doesn’t fly away.

Sorry, June. You can’t stay.

© Shelagh Duffett

2 comments:

Vijaya said...

June is loveliness indeed. Enjoy your garden and revising and planning writing for the fall.

Evelyn said...

Hope the rest of your June is lovely, Mirka. And also your summer. Hugs to you.