Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Focus on WHAT’S UP TO YOU



Reminder to self: Goals that depend on others are not goals, but wishes.


Up to me:
*Write regularly
*Meet creative output goals
*Do not shortchange non-writerly cares
*Meet obligations to critique partners
*Meet professional communication goals
*Be kind and responsible to all souls in my sphere, human and feline
*Vacuum occasionally, mop often J


Not up to me:
*Get pat-on-back for writing
*Get pat-on-back for output
*Get appreciation for my cooking etc.                    
*Have critics like my output
*Get prompt responses
*Have kindnesses come back to me, human or feline
*Get a good housekeeping award 




10 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

True statement. Goals are things only you can control.

Kelly Hashway said...

My husband will repeatedly tell me about the yard work he did until he gets his pat on the back, so I sometimes tell him when I do the dishes or vacuum just so he can see how it feels to have to give that praise. ;)

Evelyn said...

Well said. And you didn't even ask for that. :)

Sue said...

This made me smile!

Mirka Breen said...

:D

Mirka Breen said...

:)

Mirka Breen said...

:)

Mirka Breen said...

That's key. :=)

Vijaya said...

A good distinction! Thank you, Mirka.

Marcia Strykowski said...

Good list of goals (I prefer mopping to vacuuming, too). In fact, I'll give you two pats on the back for such a great post!