Living in the San Francisco bay area, the celebrations of the lunar calendar are evident.
The East Asian Lunar New Year celebrations are, or were historically, based on the traditional Chinese lunisolar calendar (occurring in late January or early February)
· Chinese New Year
· Japanese New Year (prior to 1873)
· Korean New Year (Seollal)
· Mongolian New Year (Tsagaan Sar) – may be celebrated a month later
· Tibetan New Year (Losar) – celebrated a month later
· Vietnamese New Year (Tết)
Today, February 5th 2019, is the first day of the Lunar New Year and this time it’s ...
The year of the PIG.
If you are celebrating, many blessing on you. If you’re not, why not?
!Wishing peace and prosperity to all!