Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TAGGED!


The incredibly energetic, super-productive Kelly Hashway (she’s also nice and beautiful, but that’s beside the point) tagged me in this bloggers’ game, and my first reaction was- I don’t do these pyramid-tagging sorts of thingies.

My second reaction was that I’ve become old and stodgy way too fast, and I could use some Kelly spirit. So I’m playing this time. In addition to needing an infusion of Kelly’s ‘can-do,’ it’s hard to resist an interview with self.

So I’m playing. Rules/questioned copied are in bold. Here goes-


The Tag rules:

1. You must post the rules!

2. Answer the questions.

3. Tag eleven people and link to them.

4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.



Questions to answer:

If you could live in a fictional world, where would that be?
The Garden, before the fall. I’m a bit tired of our species’ machinations at the moment.


Do you read in noisy or quiet places?

Quiet, when I can get it.


What was the first book you ever read?
A book of folk tales from faraway lands, and I lived in one then- Israel.


If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’m cheating because this is an impossible question- an anthology of the greatest short stories. If this answer is not all right, I’d say the Bible, because it is that and more- history, poetry, philosophy and the rest. The Bible is many books in one.

Favourite author?
Can you tell the original tagger is from England or the commonwealth? Check that^ spelling. (My way of avoiding naming ONE.)


Do reviews influence your choice of reads?

If the summary tells me this is about something I want to/don’t want to read about, then yes.


Fiction or Non fiction?
Both.


Have you ever met your favourite author?
I have met one of them, but I’m not telling.

Audio books or Paperbacks?
Paper, always.


Classic or Modern Novels?

Both.


Book Groups or Solitary Reading?

Solitary, all the way.



11 people to tag? Ah!

Naming names is the hardest for me. Join only if you think you could use this excursion in your life….

And so I lost steam after ten… Typical me- not playing by the rules.











13 comments:

Vijaya said...

You rebel, you! Thanks for the tag and ordinarily I would play, but not this time. By the way, we're doing an in-depth study of Genesis this year in Bible study and I'm enjoying it tremendously. I would also choose the Bible if I was only allowed one book -- and most people don't realize it's a collection of books so we are technically cheating. But hey, rules are meant to be broken, right?

Mirka Breen said...

Just realized you are observing Lent and will be off cyber-land, Vijaya.

Evelyn said...

I enjoyed reading your replies, Mirka. Since I don't have a blog, I assume that neatly gets me off the hook. I, too, would choose the Bible.

Mirka Breen said...

"Since I don't have a blog..."
Should have thought of that. But I'm glad I tagged you anyway- your site is a delight and a great resource. Check it out, folks!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

I had fun reading your answers, Mirka. I, too, would choose the Bible. There's no end to what it has to offer.

Kelly Hashway said...

Mirka, you always make me smile. You're so sweet! Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot to me. :)

I love how you avoided answering the favorite author question, too. ;)

Christina Farley said...

What a fun game!

Caryn Caldwell said...

Fun! I loved your answer to the 'Favourite author' question. Cracked me up!

Larissa said...

LOL--I usually don't do these memes, either. But I'm glad you did this one. :) Fun!

Mary Witzl said...

Good answers -- especially the first one. I wish I could live in a world where people's worst sins were confined to the odd coveting, perhaps a bit of gluttony, and the occasional bout of slothfulness.

I'd have a tough time picking only one book too. Have you ever seen that 'How many of these books have you read?' list from which you're supposed to tick the ones you've read? And one of the books is Shakespeare's plays -- ALL of them, apparently -- which makes me think that whoever compiles that list has no idea what they're doing. If all of Shakespeare's plays were one book, I'd be okay answering that 'Which one would you pick?' question.

Tina Cho said...

Loved reading your answers, Mirka! I, too, would choose the Bible. And I liked how you're not telling us your favorite author that you met...
Sorry, but I'm short on time to play TAG right now, but it seems quite fun!

JLD said...

One book? For the rest of your life? It hurts to even think about that!

Of course if I'm going to choose a fictional world, I'm moving into Willie Wonka's factory. Rivers of chocolate--what else do I need to say?

Loved your answers. Very diplomatic!

Judy

Jeremy Bates said...

I love reading your replies, Mirka.I assume that neatly gets me off the hook.