Tuesday, September 29, 2026

BABY STEPS...

 

…ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER 👣

 

Notes to self:

1.      Just take one step.

2.      Then, another

3.      Start somewhere. Everyone does

4.      The only way to get anywhere is to take the first step.

 

“But it will take forever…”

5.      “Forever” is a very long time. Don’t think about “forever.”

6.      Back to one foot in front of the other.

7.      Pat on the back 🙆🏻‍♀️

8.      …And back for another step tomorrow

 

WE TEND TO FORGET THAT EVEN BABY STEPS WILL MOVE US FORWARD






6 comments:

  1. Baby steps are important in our house right now. I'm behind on a lot of things, but more significant, everything with Alice must be done in tiny increments.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we spend a lifetime learning that little habits, day by day, add up. We never quite believe it, so we slack off in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I talk myself into doing exercising even when I think I'm too tired or achy. Same goes for writing. Just fiddle with the sentence you wrote yesterday, I tell myself. And I can usually push past that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. This is a paraphrased translation from the Tao Te Ching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to what you said, Mirka, and to what you said, Vijaya. Sometimes the only way forward seems to be in tiny steps.

    ReplyDelete

Before leaving a comment, make sure you are logged in to your Google account on the browser you are using. This became necessary because of a flood of anonymous spam.
I've been told Blogger doesn't allow comments from Safari. Sorry, not my policy. :,(